BULGARIA - PENAL PROCEDURE CODE
Part two. EVIDENCING
Chapter thirty six. PROCEDURES IN CONNECTION WITH INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION ON PENAL CASES
Section III. International Legal Assistance in Penal Cases
Art. 474 (2) The request for interrogation from the court authority of the other state shall contain:
1. the reason for which the appearance of the person himself/herself is undesirable or impossible;
2. the name of the court authority of the other state;
3. the data of the persons who will carry out the interrogation;
4. the consent of the person who will be interrogated as a witness or an expert through a telephone conference;
5. the consent of the defendant who will participate in a hearing for interrogation through a video conference.
3. Upon the request of the Court, a State Party shall consult with the Court, either generally or with respect to a specific matter, regarding any requirements under its national law that may apply under paragraph 2 (e). During the consultations, the State Party shall advise the Court of the specific requirements of its national law.
Where a State Party receives a request under this Part in relation to which it identifies problems which may impede or prevent the execution of the request, that State shall consult with the Court without delay in order to resolve the matter. Such problems may include, inter alia:
(b) In the case of a request for surrender, the fact that despite best efforts, the person sought cannot be located or that the investigation conducted has determined that the person in the requested State is clearly not the person named in the warrant; or