Extradition and European Arrest Warrant Act
Chapter four - EFFECT OF GRANTED EXTRADITION
Title I - Obligations of the Republic of Bulgaria in the capacity of requested state
(1) The transit of an extradited person through the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria shall be allowed by the Supreme Prosecution Office of Cassation following submission of a request to this effect in one of the ways specified in Art. 9, para 2, provided that the extradition in respect of which extradition is requested is not inadmissible in terms of Art. 7.
(2) The transit of a Bulgarian national shall be allowed in presence o the conditions required for
(3) Where air transportation is used:
1. If landing has been planned, the requesting state shall submit a request for transit prior to proceedings thereat;
2. In the event of unscheduled landing the requesting state shall, immediately after landing, present a request for transit.
(4) A request for transit under para 3 shall be sent pursuant to Art. 13, para 4 and shall have the effect of a request for provisional arrest.
(5) The provisions of this Article shall also apply mutatis mutandis where the competent Bulgarian authorities request transit through the territory of another state.
(a) A State Party shall authorize, in accordance with its national procedural law, transportation through its territory of a person being surrendered to the Court by another State, except where transit through that State would impede or delay the surrender.