Rule of speciality
3. In the event of a request for extradition made by a third State, Austria shall transmit the entire request to the Presidency with a protocol containing the views of the sentenced person obtained after informing the person sufficiently about the extradition request.
4. The Presidency may, in relation to paragraphs 2 and 3 of this article, request any document or additional information from Austria or the third State requesting the extradition.
5. The Presidency shall make a determination as soon as possible and shall inform the requesting State accordingly. If the request submitted under paragraphs 2 and 3 of this article concerns the enforcement of a sentence, the sentenced person may serve that sentence in Austria or be extradited to a third State only after having served the full sentence pronounced by the Court.
6. Paragraph 1 of this article shall cease to apply if the sentenced person remains voluntarily for more than 30 days in the territory of Austria after having served the full sentence imposed by the Court, or returns to the territory of that State after having left it.
7. The Presidency may authorise the temporary extradition of the sentenced person to a third State for prosecution only if it has obtained assurances which it deems to be sufficient that the sentenced person will be kept in custody in the third State and transferred back to Austria, after the prosecution.
Custody pending surrender, surrender and transit
28. Provisional transfer and repeal of the order for surrender
1. In the event of criminal proceedings against the accused person in Austria or if the latter is serving a sentence in Austria for matters other than those for which surrender to the International Criminal Court was ordered, the person may be transferred provisionally to the International Criminal Court under conditions to be agreed on with it.
4. If the person sought is being proceeded against or is serving a sentence in the requested State for a crime different from that for which surrender to the Court is sought, the requested State, after making its decision to grant the request, shall consult with the Court.