TITLE IX EXECUTION OF DECISIONS
CHAPTER III EXECUTION OF THE CRIMINAL DECISIONS
SECTION II EXECUTION ABROAD OF THE ALBANIAN CRIMINAL DECISIONS
Article 519 Requirements for executing abroad
1. In cases provided by international conventions or by article 501, paragraph 2, the Ministry of justice requests the execution abroad of the criminal decisions or gives the consent when it is requested by a foreign state.
2. The execution abroad of a criminal conviction decision with restriction of the personal freedom may be requested or permitted only if the convicted person has become informed of the consequences, has declared freely that he gives his consent and when the execution in the foreign state is appropriate to his social rehabilitation.
3. The execution abroad is also allowed when there are conditions provided by paragraph 2, if the convicted person is in the territory of the state to whom the request has been addressed and the extradition has been rejected or anyway is not possible.
Article 520 Court decision
1. Before requesting the execution of a decision abroad the Ministry of Justice shall send the acts to the prosecutor, who shall submit a request to the court.
2. the consent of the convicted person should be given before the Albanian court. In case he is abroad the consent may be given before the Albanian consular authority or before the foreign court.
Article 521 Cases when execution of the sentence abroad is not allowed
1. The Minister of Justice cannot request the execution abroad of a criminal decision by restriction of personal freedom when there are grounds to believe that the convicted person shall be subject to persecution or discrimination acts by reason of race, religion, nationality, language or political opinions or inhuman, cruel or degrading punishment and treatment.
Article 522 Request for precautionary detention in prison abroad
1. When it is requested the enforcement of a decision restricting the personal freedom and the convicted person is abroad, the Ministry of Justice shall request his precautionary detention in prison.
2. With the request for the execution of a confiscation the Ministry of Justice has the right to request the sequestration of items which can be confiscated.
Article 523 Suspension of Execution in the Albanian State
1. The execution of the sentence in the Albanian state is suspended once the execution in the foreign state has started.
2. The sentence may no longer be enforced in the Albanian state when, pursuant to the foreign countries laws, it has been entirely served.
4. If no State is designated under paragraph 1, the sentence of imprisonment shall be served in a prison facility made available by the host State, in accordance with the conditions set out in the headquarters agreement referred to in article 3, paragraph 2. In such a case, the costs arising out of the enforcement of a sentence of imprisonment shall be borne by the Court.