TITLE IX EXECUTION OF DECISIONS
CHAPTER III EXECUTION OF THE CRIMINAL DECISIONS
SECTION I EXECUTION OF FOREIGN CRIMINAL DECISIONS
Article 518 Execution of the foreign decision
1. After being recognised, the criminal decisions of foreign courts are enforced in conformity to Albanian law.
2. The prosecutor in the court that has made the recognition of a decision takes the measures for its execution.
3. The imprisonment sentence served in the foreign country is calculated for the effects of the execution.
4. The monetary proceeds of the execution of a fine decision are deposited into the bank of Albania. It may be deposited with the state where the decision was issued, upon its request, whenthat state, under the same circumstances would have decided the deposit in favour of the Albanian state.
5. The confiscated items shall be delivered to the Albanian state. They are delivered, upon its request, to the state where the decision subject to recognition is issued, when the latter, under the same circumstances would have decided the delivery in the Albanian state.
4. If no State is designated under paragraph 1, the sentence of imprisonment shall be served in a prison facility made available by the host State, in accordance with the conditions set out in the headquarters agreement referred to in article 3, paragraph 2. In such a case, the costs arising out of the enforcement of a sentence of imprisonment shall be borne by the Court.