PROCEDURAL PROVISIONS AND JUDICIAL COOPERATION
II. JUDICIAL COOPERATION
Art. 31 Enforcement of sentences
2. The Athens Appeals Court (Chamber of 3 Members) shall recognize the decision of the
ICC and order the execution of the custodial sentence imposed, with the following adjustments;
(a) A term of imprisonment of equal duration, in case the imposed sentence does not exceed 5 years in duration,
(b) A term of incarceration (temporary or for life), in case of heavier penalties imposed.
3. The sentence of temporary incarceration shall, in any case, not exceed 25 years in
1. Subject to conditions which a State may have specified in accordance with article 103, paragraph 1 (b), the sentence of imprisonment shall be binding on the States Parties, which shall in no case modify it.
1. The State of enforcement shall not release the person before expiry of the sentence pronounced by the Court.
2. The Court alone shall have the right to decide any reduction of sentence, and shall rule on the matter after having heard the person.
3. When the person has served two thirds of the sentence, or 25 years in the case of life imprisonment, the Court shall review the sentence to determine whether it should be reduced. Such a review shall not be conducted before that time.
4. In its review under paragraph 3, the Court may reduce the sentence if it finds that one or more of the following factors are present:
(a) The early and continuing willingness of the person to cooperate with the Court in its investigations and prosecutions;
(b) The voluntary assistance of the person in enabling the enforcement of the judgements and orders of the Court in other cases, and in particular providing assistance in locating assets subject to orders of fine, forfeiture or reparation which may be used for the benefit of victims; or
(c) Other factors establishing a clear and significant change of circumstances sufficient to justify the reduction of sentence, as provided in the Rules of Procedure and Evidence.
5. If the Court determines in its initial review under paragraph 3 that it is not appropriate to reduce the sentence, it shall thereafter review the question of reduction of sentence at such intervals and applying such criteria as provided for in the Rules of Procedure and Evidence.