Part 4 Mutual Assistance through the Execution of Decisions and Orders of the Court
§ 44 Enforcement of Forfeiture Orders
(relating to Article 77 para. 2(b), Article 109 para. 2 of the Rome Statute)
(3) If the forfeiture of an object is ordered, ownership of the object or the forfeited right, upon the approval of the mutual assistance, transfers through the office responsible pursuant to § 68 para. 1 to the Court, when the party affected by the order was at that time the owner thereof. Prior to the authorization, the order has the effect of a prohibition on sale within the meaning of § 136 of the Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch); the prohibition also encompasses other dispositions than sale. Objects, the forfeiture of which has been ordered, will be surrendered to the Court upon approval of the mutual assistance.
1. A Trust Fund shall be established by decision of the Assembly of States Parties for the benefit of victims of crimes within the jurisdiction of the Court, and of the families of such victims.
2. The Court may order money and other property collected through fines or forfeiture to be transferred, by order of the Court, to the Trust Fund.
3. The Trust Fund shall be managed according to criteria to be determined by the Assembly of States Parties.
3. Property, or the proceeds of the sale of real property or, where appropriate, the sale of other property, which is obtained by a State Party as a result of its enforcement of a judgement of the Court shall be transferred to the Court.