Other Forms of Cooperation
Article 39. Conducting investigation measures on the territory of Georgia
1. The Responsible Agency, at the request of the International Court, shall have the right to authorize the conduct investigative measures on the territory of Georgia by a representative of the International Court, pursuant to Article 99(4) of the Statute.
2. The Responsible Agency shall notify the state authority having the competence to conduct prosecution measures about the fact of authorization of representatives of the International Court for conducting investigative measures on the territory of Georgia.
Chapter 8 Execution of Decision of the International Court
Conditions for execution of decisions of the International Court
1. At the request of the International Court, decision which entered into force may executed in Georgia if the convicted person is a citizen of Georgia and/or permanent resident of Georgia and/or his property is on the territory of Georgia.
2. A sentence by the international Court imposing pecuniary penalties may be executed in Georgia also if the person has a permanent residence abroad but his property is on the territory of Georgia.
3. Decisions of the International Court shall be executed pursuant to procedures, of the Law of Georgia on Imprisonment, law of Georgia on punishment execution proceedings or the Law of Georgia on Execution of Non-imprisonment Sentences and Probation.
4. Without prejudice to other articles in this Part, where it is necessary for the successful execution of a request which can be executed without any compulsory measures, including specifically the interview of or taking evidence from a person on a voluntary basis, including doing so without the presence of the authorities of the requested State Party if it is essential for the request to be executed, and the examination without modification of a public site or other public place, the Prosecutor may execute such request directly on the territory of a State as follows:
(a) When the State Party requested is a State on the territory of which the crime is alleged to have been committed, and there has been a determination of admissibility pursuant to article 18 or 19, the Prosecutor may directly execute such request following all possible consultations with the requested State Party;
(b) In other cases, the Prosecutor may execute such request following consultations with the requested State Party and subject to any reasonable conditions or concerns raised by that State Party. Where the requested State Party identifies problems with the execution of a request pursuant to this subparagraph it shall, without delay, consult with the Court to resolve the matter.
1. A person surrendered to the Court under this Statute shall not be proceeded against, punished or detained for any conduct committed prior to surrender, other than the conduct or course of conduct which forms the basis of the crimes for which that person has been surrendered.