BULGARIA – CRIMINAL CODE
Chapter Four - PUNISHMENT
Section II - Kinds of Punishments
(1) (Amended, SG. No. 28/1982, SG No. 10/1993, SG No. 92/2002) The fine shall correspond to the
property status, the income and family obligations of the perpetrator, and in determining the fine the provisions of Chapter Five shall also be applied. The fine may not be less than BGN one hundred.
(2) The fine shall be collected from the estate left by the convict, and also after his death, if the sentence has entered into force before that.
(3) Objects which are not subject to confiscation may not be sold for compulsory collection of the fine.
1. States Parties shall give effect to fines or forfeitures ordered by the Court under Part 7, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties, and in accordance with the procedure of their national law.
2. If a State Party is unable to give effect to an order for forfeiture, it shall take measures to recover the value of the proceeds, property or assets ordered by the Court to be forfeited, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties.
3. Property, or the proceeds of the sale of real property or, where appropriate, the sale of other property, which is obtained by a State Party as a result of its enforcement of a judgement of the Court shall be transferred to the Court.