RECOGNITION AND EXECUTION OF CRIMINAL DECISIONS
EXECUTION OF ALBANIAN CRIMINAL DECISIONS OUTSIDE THE STATE
Transferring foreign citizens for continuation of serving a sentence rendered in
1. For transferring a foreign citizen convicted by a criminal decision rendered in Albania, the rules of article 520 of the Code of Criminal Procedure are applied.
2. The judicial session is held with the mandatory participation of the prosecutor and the defence attorney. The prosecutor sends the acts to the Ministry of Justice within 10 days from the holding of the session.
3. For the surrender of the convicted person to the sentencing state, the taking of measures begins, implementing to the extent possible the rules for the surrender of an extradited person.
1. The Court may, at any time, decide to transfer a sentenced person to a prison of another State.
2. A sentenced person may, at any time, apply to the Court to be transferred from the State of enforcement.