Part V – Domestic Procedures for Other Types of Co-operation
Examination of Places or Sites
56. Assistance in examining places or sites.
(1) Where the ICC requests assistance under 19(8), 56, 64, or 93(1)(g) of the Statute in examining places or sites in Uganda, the Minister shall give authority for the request to proceed and transmit the request to the appropriate Ugandan agency if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the place or site is located in Uganda.
(2) Where the Minister authorises and transmits the request under subsection (1) the appropriate Ugandan agency shall without delay –
(a) use its best endeavours to undertake the examination of the place or site in the manner that the ICC has requested;
(b) make such report on the examination as it considers to be appropriate in the circumstances; and
(c) deliver the report of the examination to the Minister.
(3) This section shall not be construed as giving any person a power to enter a place or site.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions: