Part V – Domestic Procedures for Other Types of Co-operation
Locating or Identifying Persons of Things
43. Assistance in locating or identifying persons or things.
(1) Where the ICC requests assistance under article 19(8), 56, 64, or 93(1)(a) of the Statute in locating, or identifying and locating, a person or a thing believed to be in Uganda, the Minister shall give authority for the request to proceed and transmit the request to the appropriate Ugandan agency, if he or she has reasonable grounds to believe the person to whom or the thing to which the request relates is, or may be in Uganda.
(2) Where the Minister authorises and transmits the request under subsection (1), the appropriate Ugandan agency shall, without delay –
(a) use its best endeavours to locate or, as the case may be, identify and locate the person to whom or thing to which the request relates; and
(b) advise the Minister of the outcome of those endeavours.
(3) This section shall not be construed as giving any person a power to enter property in order to locate a person or item.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions: