MUTUAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS ACT
REQUESTS BY COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES TO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOR ASSISTANCE
29. Assistance to country in tracing property, etc.
(1) This section applies where—
(b) property derived or obtained, directly or indirectly, by the person from the commission of that offence is suspected, on reasonable grounds, to be in Trinidad and Tobago;
(c) a request is transmitted seeking assistance by Trinidad and Tobago in identifying, locating or assessing the value or amount of that property; and
(d) the request is accepted.
(2) Where this section applies, the Central Authority—
(a) shall use its best endeavours to give the assistance requested and, in doing so, may invoke such powers and procedures as may be prescribed for the purposes of this section; and
(b) shall inform the Central Authority for the Commonwealth country making the request as to the outcome of those endeavours.
GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE
24. (1) This Part applies to a request by the ICC for assistance that is made under—
(a) Part 9 of the Statute, namely—
(xii) the identification, tracing and freezing, or seizure of proceeds, property and assets, and instrumentalities of crimes for the purpose of eventual forfeiture, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties; and
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions:
(k) The identification, tracing and freezing or seizure of proceeds, property and assets and instrumentalities of crimes for the purpose of eventual forfeiture, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties; and