MUTUAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS ACT
REQUESTS BY COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES TO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOR ASSISTANCE
24. Assistance to country in locating or identifying person.
(1) This section applies where a request is transmitted seeking assistance from Trinidad and Tobago in locating or identifying and locating, a person believed to be in Trinidad and Tobago, who—
(a) is or might be concerned in or affected by; or
(b) could give or provide evidence or assistance relevant to,
any criminal proceedings in the Commonwealth country making the request, and the request is accepted.
(2) Where this section applies, the Central Authority shall use its best endeavours to have the person located or, as the case may be, identified and located, and shall inform the central authority for the Commonwealth country making the request as to the outcome of those endeavours.
GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE
24. (1) This Part applies to a request by the ICC for assistance that is made under—
(a) Part 9 of the Statute, namely—
(ii) the identification and where¬abouts of persons or the location of items;
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions: