Postponement of surrender or temporary surrender
(2) The Minister of Justice may authorise a temporary surrender of the person to the requesting State for the purpose of carrying out necessary procedural acts. The temporary surrender may be repeated.
INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE
Some special forms of legal assistance
Temporary surrender of detained person abroad
(1) At the request of a foreign authority a person in custody or serving a prison sentence in the Slovak Republic may be temporarily surrendered abroad for the purposes of giving evidence.
(2) The person specified in paragraph 1 may be temporarily surrendered only if :
a) he is not the accused in the proceedings abroad and he consents with the temporary surrender,
b) his absence does not alter the purpose of the custody or the enforcement of the sentence carried out in the Slovak Republic
c) the temporary surrender does not inadequately extend the length of custody in the Slovak Republic, or the temporary surrender does not extend the length of the prison sentence served in the Slovak Republic.
(1) The Minister of Justice shall have the authority to grant the temporary surrender abroad. In his decision he shall set out an appropriate deadline for the return of the person to the territory of the Slovak Republic.
(2) After the temporary surrender was granted, the decision to transfer the person abroad shall be made by the district court in whose district the person is in custody or serving the prison sentence.
(1) The time the person spent in custody abroad shall not be counted against the deadlines under Article 76. The decision to this effect shall be taken by the court, and in the pre-trial by the judge upon the motion of the prosecutor.
(2) The time specified in paragraph 1 shall be counted against the length of the sentence served in the Slovak Republic.
(3) An appeal against the decisions under the paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be admissible.
Articles 545 to 547 shall be applied mutatis mutandis to the transfer of a person abroad to participate in an act of legal assistance carried out in the territory of another State upon a request by the Slovak authorities.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions:
(a) The Court may request the temporary transfer of a person in custody for purposes of identification or for obtaining testimony or other assistance. The person may be transferred if the following conditions are fulfilled:
(i) The person freely gives his or her informed consent to the transfer; and
(ii) The requested State agrees to the transfer, subject to such conditions as that State and the Court may agree.
(b) The person being transferred shall remain in custody. When the purposes of the transfer have been fulfilled, the Court shall return the person without delay to the requested State.