Section III. Punishment
Chapter 9. The Concept and the Purposes of Punishment.
Types of Punishment.
Article 46. Fines
1. A fine is a monetary penalty imposed within the limits provided for by this Code.
2. A fine shall be established in the amount of from 2 500 roubles to 1 000 000 million roubles or in the amount of the wage or salary, or any other income of the convicted person for a period from two weeks to five years. A fine in the amount of from 500 000 roubles or in the amount of the wage or salary or any other income of the convicted person may only be imposed for grave and especially grave crimes in the instances specified by the appropriate articles of the Special Part of this Code.
3. The amount of a fine shall be determined by a court of law subject to the gravity of the crime and the property status of the convicted person and his family, as well as the subject to the convicted person's ability to receive a wage or any other income. Subject to the same circumstances a court of law may impose a fine payable in installments for a term of up to three years.
4. As an additional penalty, a fine may be imposed only in cases, provided for by the relevant Articles of the Special Part of this Code.
5. In the event of the person maliciously evading payment of a fine inflicted as the principal punishment, it shall be replaced within the limits of the sanction provided for by the appropriate Article of the Special Part of this Code .
1. States Parties shall give effect to fines or forfeitures ordered by the Court under Part 7, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties, and in accordance with the procedure of their national law.
2. If a State Party is unable to give effect to an order for forfeiture, it shall take measures to recover the value of the proceeds, property or assets ordered by the Court to be forfeited, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties.
3. Property, or the proceeds of the sale of real property or, where appropriate, the sale of other property, which is obtained by a State Party as a result of its enforcement of a judgement of the Court shall be transferred to the Court.