PART V – RECOVERY, FREEZING, CONFISCATION AND DISPOSAL OF ASSETS
23. Identification, tracing etc.
(1) Kenya shall assist in proceedings involving the identification, tracing, freezing, seizure and confiscation of the proceeds and instruments of crime under its laws or any other arrangement to which Kenya may be bound in relation to a requesting state.
(2) A request for legal assistance under this section shall include—
(a) details of the property in relation to which co-operation is sought;
(b) the connection, if any, between the property and the offences in respect of which the request is made;
(c) where known, details of any third party interests in the property; and
(d) a certified copy of the freezing or seizing decision or final decision of confiscation made by a court.
(3) Nothing in this section shall prejudice the rights of bona fide third parties.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions:
(k) The identification, tracing and freezing or seizure of proceeds, property and assets and instrumentalities of crimes for the purpose of eventual forfeiture, without prejudice to the rights of bona fide third parties; and