PART IV – REQUEST FOR SPECIFIC FORMS OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE
13. Provision or production of Records
(1) A request under this Act may seek the provision or production of any documents, records or other material relevant to a criminal matter arising in a requesting state.
(2) Where documents or records requested under subsection (1) are not publicly available, the Competent Authority may provide copies of such documents, records or other material to the same extent and under the same conditions as applies to provision of such records to Kenya law enforcement agencies or prosecution or judicial authorities.
PART VIII – GENERAL PROVISIONS
47. Transmission and return of material
(1) Where compliance with a request under this Act would involve the transmission of any document, record or property, Kenya may—
(a) postpone the transmission of the material if it is required in connection with proceedings in that state, and in such a case shall provide certified copies of a document or record pending transmission of the original ; or
(b) require a requesting state to agree to terms and conditions to protect third party interests in the material to be transmitted and may refuse to effect such transmission pending such agreement.
(2) Where any document, record or property is transmitted in compliance with a request under this Act, it shall be returned to Kenya when it is no longer required in connection with the criminal matter specified in the request unless indicated that its return is not desired.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions:
(i) The provision of records and documents, including official records and documents;