GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE
24. (1) This Part applies to a request by the ICC for assistance that is made under—
(a) Part 9 of the Statute, namely—
(x) the provision of records and documents, including official records and documents;
DOMESTIC PROCEDURES FOR OTHER TYPES OF CO-OPERATION
Provision of Records and Documents
109. (1) This section applies if the ICC makes a request under article 93(1)(i) of the Statute for the provision of records and documents, including official records and documents.
(2) The Attorney General may give authority for the request to proceed if he is satisfied that—
(a) the request relates to an investigation being conducted by the Prosecutor or a proceeding before the ICC; and
(b) the document or record sought is or may be in Trinidad and Tobago.
(3) If the Attorney General gives authority for the request to proceed—
(a) he shall forward the request to the appropriate Trinidad and Tobago agency; and
(b) that agency shall, without delay—
(i) use its best endeavours to locate and make available the document or record sought;
(ii) make such report on its endeavours as it considers to be appropriate in the circumstances; and
(iii) deliver the document or record, if located, to the Attorney General.
(4) This section does not give any person power to require the production of a document or record.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions: