DOMESTIC PROCEDURES FOR OTHER TYPES OF CO-OPERATION
Identifying or Locating Persons or Things
81. (1) This section applies if the ICC requests assistance under any of article 19(8), 56, 64 or 93(1)(a) of the Statute in locating or identifying a person or a thing believed to be in Trinidad and Tobago.
(2) The Attorney General may give authority for the request to proceed if he is satisfied that—
(a) the request relates to an investigation being conducted by the Prosecutor or a proceeding before the ICC; and
(b) the person to whom or thing to which the request relates is or may be in Trinidad and Tobago.
(3) If the Attorney General gives authority for the request to proceed—
(a) he must forward the request to the appro¬priate Trinidad and Tobago agency; and
(b) that agency shall, without delay—
(i) use its best endeavours to locate or, as the case may be, identify and locate the person to whom or thing to which the request relates; and
(ii) advise the Attorney General of the outcome of those endeavours.
(4) This section does not give any person a power to enter property in order to locate a person or item.
1. States Parties shall, in accordance with the provisions of this Part and under procedures of national law, comply with requests by the Court to provide the following assistance in relation to investigations or prosecutions:
(a) The identification and whereabouts of persons or the location of items;