There are no national provisions recorded for this keyword.
1. Any State Party may, by written communication addressed to the Secretariat of the Assembly, propose amendments to the present Agreement. The Secretariat shall circulate such communication to all States Parties and the Bureau of the Assembly with a request that States Parties notify the Secretariat whether they favour a Review Conference of States Parties to discuss the proposal.
2. If, within three months from the date of circulation by the Secretariat of the Assembly, a majority of States Parties notify the Secretariat that they favour a Review Conference, the Secretariat shall inform the Bureau of the Assembly with a view to convening such a Conference in connection with the next regular or special session of the Assembly.
3. The adoption of an amendment on which consensus cannot be reached shall require a two-thirds majority of States Parties present and voting, provided that a majority of States Parties is present.
4. The Bureau of the Assembly shall immediately notify the Secretary-General of any amendment that has been adopted by the States Parties at a Review Conference. The Secretary-General shall circulate to all States Parties and signatory States any amendment adopted at a Review Conference.
5. An amendment shall enter into force for States Parties which have ratified or accepted the amendment sixty days after two thirds of the States which were Parties at the date of adoption of the amendment have deposited instruments of ratification or acceptance with the Secretary-General.
6. For each State Party ratifying or accepting an amendment after the deposit of the required number of instruments of ratification or acceptance, the amendment shall enter into force on the sixtieth day following the deposit of its instrument of ratification or acceptance.
7. A State which becomes a Party to the present Agreement after the entry into force of an amendment in accordance with paragraph 5 shall, failing an expression of different intention by that State:
(a) Be considered a Party to the present Agreement as so amended; and
(b) Be considered a Party to the unamended Agreement in relation to any State Party not bound by the amendment.